Stock photo by Victory Centre of Vernon Hills
Stock photo by Victory Centre of Vernon Hills

The Countryside Fire Protection District responded to a fire at Victory Centre assisted living facility Wednesday morning after the fire alarms activated.

Firefighters arrived after the fire alarms went off at around 9:30 a.m. to find a dryer on fire in the laundry room of the nursing home at 97 West Phillip Road in Vernon Hills.

Firefighters and staff helped evacuate the residents from the building. No injuries were reported.

The fire was extinguished quickly by the sprinkler system and residents were able to re-enter the building a short time after.

Surrounding fire departments from Mundelein, Libertyville, and Lincolnshire-Riverwoods responded to the scene to assist Countryside Fire Protection District.