Two people suffered from smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire at a house in Buffalo Grove late Tuesday night.
The Buffalo Grove Fire Department responded at around 8:30 p.m. for a call of a kitchen fire in a home in the 400 block of Ferndale Court.
When firefighters arrived there was heavy smoke filling the first floor of the home and there was an active kitchen fire.
Firefighters from Long Grove, Arlington Heights, Lincolnshire-Riverwoods, and Palatine Fire Departments were called to the scene to assist.
Two of the residents of the house were treated at the scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation but weren’t hospitalized.
The fire was extinguished after about 5 minutes, officials said.
Latest posts by Lake & McHenry County Scanner Staff (see all)
- Man shot to death in Walmart parking lot in Waukegan - December 11, 2017
- Medical examiner rules death of 17-year-old Grayslake boy shot in the head before house fire a homicide - December 11, 2017
- TCF Bank robbed in Huntley; FBI offering $1,000 reward for info - December 11, 2017