Authorities announced on Monday additional charges against the 26-year-old Hebron man who allegedly raped a child on October 13.
Five additional charges of predatory criminal sexual assault of a victim under 13 were filed last Wednesday against Esau Ancheyta-Hernandez, officials said. His bond was also increased to $3 million.
Hernandez faces a total of six counts of predatory criminal sexual assault of a child under 13, which are class X felonies, for allegedly raping a child in Hebron on October 13 in the 12000 block of Hebron Road in unincorporated Hebron at around 6:45 a.m..
When officers arrived they learned that Esau Ancheyta Hernandez had allegedly raped a child inside the house. Authorities said that after Hernandez was confronted by family members, he fled on foot from the scene.
Officials said that a large multi-jurisdictional search, deploying multiple K-9’s, drones, and a helicopter, was conducted in the area of Hebron Road and the Illinois/Wisconsin State Line, but was unsuccessful in finding Hernandez.
Following the 10-day manhunt, Esau Ancheyta Hernandez, 26, of Hebron, was apprehended on October 23 after police found him hiding under a bed in an apartment in Ames, Iowa.
U.S. Marshals forced open a locked bedroom door and located Hernandez hiding under a bed. He was taken into custody without further incident, officials said.
The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office said that Hernandez is a Mexican national and was previously deported from the United States in 2012 after being apprehended in southern California.
He is next scheduled to appear in court on November 16.