ABC7 photo

Police announced Thursday morning that investigators determined a link between the Antioch standoff and Gurnee police-involved shooting yesterday in which both involved a long-barrel gun.

In the Antioch incident, Antioch police were called to a report of a suspicious white Volkswagen at 6:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of Donin Road. The driver of the vehicle, which was occupied by three people, rammed into an Antioch police squad car during the traffic stop and then sped away, according to police.

Officials said that at one point one of the passengers in the vehicle pointed a long-barrel gun outside the window and fired a gunshot; however, no injuries were reported.

The vehicle was later found in the 40500 block of North Route 83 in Antioch and an eight hour standoff ensued. It ended with a man and woman of interest being taken into custody.

[Suggested Article]  Video captures armed robbery suspect leading dozens of officers on high-speed chase on I-94 through Lake County

On Thursday, investigators said that the woman taken into custody was the third occupant of the vehicle and the man taken into custody ended up not being involved in the incident. He was then released.

In the Gurnee police-involved shooting, a woman fled police in Gurnee and crashed into a fire truck before being shot and killed by officers after brandishing a long-barreled gun.

The incident happened around 1:20 p.m. Wednesday, just hours after the Antioch incident, near Route 41 and Grand Avenue in Gurnee.

The shooting happened near Chittenden Park which is west of Route 41 in Gurnee.

Police were called to a report of a suspicious vehicle with bullet hole in it and found an occupied vehicle with both a man, who was unconscious from a possible heroin overdose, and woman inside.

Officers were talking with the woman in the car as paramedics were arriving when the woman tried fleeing from police. She crashed into a fire truck and continued to drive off from the scene. Police chased the car to Chittenden Park where she crashed in a wooded area and then ran on foot.

[Suggested Article]  Sheriff's deputy on way to training was bystander who saved critically injured woman pinned between cars in Gurnee

The woman brandished a long-barreled gun and was shot and killed by responding officers. Officials said that the man was transported in unknown condition to an area hospital. Two police officers were also transported to the hospital for evaluation but they were not physically injured.

On Thursday, investigators said that the male who was unconscious in the car during the Gurnee incident is suspected of being the driver of the vehicle during the earlier Antioch incident. The female who was armed with the long-barrel gun during the Gurnee incident is suspected of being the other passenger of the vehicle during the Antioch incident.

No charges have been filed yet but the investigation is ongoing, police said.