Press "Enter" to skip to content

3 men suspected in string of home burglaries arrested

Pablo Martinez, Oscar Peralta and Jaime A. Jaime.

Three men believed to be involved in a string of home burglaries were caught after Major Crimes Task Force investigators witnessed the crew break-in to a Buffalo Grove home.

Pablo Martinez, 26, of Franklin Park, Oscar Peralta, 22, of Chicago, and Jaime A. Jaime, 32, of Cicero, were charged with residential burglary, a class 1 felony.

The Buffalo Grove Police Investigations Commander Tom Reed said that members of the North Regional Major Crimes Task Force witnessed the burglary in progress on Friday in the 600 block of Buckthorn Terrace.

The North Regional Major Crimes Task Force had been working with multiple police departments in the area to find the suspects involved in numerous home burglaries, Reed said.

Members of the task force were conducting surveillance in the area when they witnessed the three men burglarizing the home. Buffalo Grove police officers were called and Martinez, Peralta and Jaime were arrested after leaving the scene in a black Dodge Charger.

Police recovered property in the vehicle and are trying to identity the items in order to return it to the rightful owners. “The time and commitment investigators put forth paid off and will make Buffalo Grove and the surrounding areas safer,” Reed said.

Additional charges are expected against the three men, who are being held in the Lake County Jail. They are scheduled to appear in court again on November 26.


Write a Comment