Alvin L. Quinn, 30, of the 2200 block of Lewis Avenue in Zion.

The pregnant woman shot in the head after her husband’s gun unintentionally discharged during a scuffle with another man died Saturday afternoon, police said.

Lake County Major Crime Task Force spokesman Christopher Covelli said that the Lake County Coroner’s Office is scheduling an autopsy on the woman and will release their findings early next week.

The woman’s husband, Alvin L. Quinn, 30, of the 2200 block of Lewis Avenue in Zion, was charged with involuntary manslaughter of an unborn child and reckless discharge of a firearm. He remains held in the Lake County Jail on a $2 million bond.

A pregnant woman who was shot in the head is loaded into an ambulance by paramedics Tuesday afternoon | Photo by Joe Shuman of J. Shuman Photography.

The Lake County Major Crimes Task Force said that Quinn and his 25-year-old wife went back to their old home Tuesday around 2 p.m. in the 600 block of West Nippersink Road in Round Lake to retrieve some of their property left behind after moving.

[Suggested Article]  2 drivers critically injured, children suffer serious injuries after head-on crash near Round Lake


Covelli said that Quinn and another man got into an argument inside the home. Quinn pulled a gun and a struggle ensued between the two men, Covelli said.

In bond court, prosecutors said that Quinn struck the other man with the gun and it discharged. The bullet went through the front door and struck Quinn’s wife in the head. Paramedics transported her to Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville.

Police and detectives are seen working in front of the home where the shooting happened | Photo by Joe Shuman of J. Shuman Photography.Joe Shuman

The woman’s unborn baby died in the hospital a short time after the shooting and the woman, whose identity has not been publicly released, died Saturday afternoon in the hospital. Covelli said that additional charges against Quinn are expected.

Quinn remains held in the Lake County Jail and is scheduled to appear in court again on January 9.