Police are investigating after over a dozen shots were fired into a house in the 300 block of Forest Glen Drive in Round Lake Park Saturday evening | Photo: LMCScanner / Google Maps.

Over a dozen bullets riddled a home in Round Lake Park while three infants and other people were inside late Saturday evening, police said.

The Round Lake Park Police Department responded around 10:30 p.m. Saturday to the 300 block of Forest Glen Drive for a report of shots fired.

Police officers found more than a dozen shots fired at the single-family home, including two shots which struck a parked vehicle. This is the third shooting at the same home this year, Round Lake Park Police Chief George Filenko said.

There were several people, including three infants, in the home at the time but ‘miraculously’ no one was struck by the gunfire, Filenko said.

“We’ve reported previous incidents to DCFS. I don’t have a clear understanding as to why the children are permitted to remain in the home,” Filenko said.

[Suggested Article]  Judge sets trial date for 2025 for Highland Park parade shooter accused of killing 7, wounding dozens

The owners of the home rent the property and told police that the renters’ lease has been terminated.

In an incident that occurred at the house on January 15, two people suffered minor injuries after being slashed with a knife and another person suffered a graze wound from a gunshot during a conflict between two groups, Filenko said.

In a second incident which occurred on May 9, officers responded to a call of shots fired into a vehicle in the driveway of the home.

Detectives made two arrests in the previous shootings. No one was in custody yet for the third shooting that occurred Saturday.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Round Lake Park Police Department 847-270-9111 or the Lake County Crime Stoppers at 847-662-2222 for those who wish to remain anonymous. Tips can also be submitted online through the police department’s website at www.RLPPD.us.

[Suggested Article]  Spring Grove man dies after being severely burned in industrial fire while working near O'Hare Airport