Parrish L. Livingston, 29, of Chicago.

Highland Park police were assisted by Canine Browser of the Lake County State’s Attorney’s Office in the arrest of a man accused of committing forgery and theft involving over 100 victims.

Parrish L. Livingston, 29, of the 7300 block of North Hoyne Avenue in Chicago, was charged with theft between $10,000 and $100,000, a Class 2 felony, and forgery, a Class 3 felony.

The Highland Park Police Department and Lake County State’s Attorney’s Office, with the aid of Lake County State’s Attorney’s Office Electronics Detection Canine Browser, executed a search warrant on Friday at an apartment in the 5000 block of North Sheridan Road in Chicago.

During the search, numerous electronic devices were located and seized that are believed to have been used for “criminal purposes,” the Highland Park Police Department said in a statement.

Those devices will be forensically examined by the Lake County State’s Attorney’s Cyber Crime Unit. Investigators also recovered a BMW SUV, fraudulent documents, thousands of dollars in counterfeit money, numerous identification cards, and driver’s licenses not issued in the name of the suspect.

[Suggested Article]  Mundelein Community Days evacuated after suspicious package found on festival grounds

Two additional vehicles associated with the investigation were determined to have been purchased using fraudulent identification and were recovered prior to the operation, Highland Park police said.

Detectives were able to identify over 100 victims throughout the United States, officials said. Investigators from the victims’ local police departments will be contacting them directly over the next several weeks.

Livingston was taken into custody without incident and transported to the Lake County Jail, where he remains held on a $250,000 bond.

“This is yet another example of law enforcement working together to protect the citizens of Lake County,” Lake County State’s Attorney Michael Nerheim said. “We are extremely happy that “Browser” could be of assistance to the Highland Park Police Department in solving this crime.”