File Photo – Antioch Police Department | Photo: Woo-Sung Shim / Lake and McHenry County Scanner.

No issues were reported in Antioch during an emergency curfew that went into effect Wednesday evening after the mayor said there were credible threats of looters and rioters targeting the village.

Lake County Sheriff Spokesman Sgt. Christopher Covelli confirmed to Lake and McHenry County Scanner that there was no unrest or disturbances in the village overnight.

Antioch Mayor Lawrence Hanson signed a declaration of emergency curfew order on Wednesday, which went into effect at 8 p.m. Wednesday and ended at 7 a.m. Thursday.

The order said that the curfew will continue indefinitely. It is unknown if the order will be continued Thursday evening.

Hanson said in the order that authorities had received “credible reports and police surveillance of confidential and public sources that rioters, looters and other bad actors have targeted the village” in a short period of time to come.

[Suggested Article]  Antioch man charged in daytime shootout that was caught on video in Zion

The curfew applies to everyone within village limits not engaged in legitimate employment activities.

In a statement, Hanson said that the Antioch Police Department identified several social media posts that indicate the village may be the target of unknown groups wishing to incite civil unrest as a result of the shooting that took place in Kenosha, Wisconsin Tuesday evening.

“In the current situation, based on a thorough evaluation of potential threats of civil unrest in our Village, and the potential for such a situation to create very a tense and potentially volatile environment, I have determined it is in the best interest of our community to issue an Emergency Curfew Order,” Hanson said on Wednesday.

“The implementation of this curfew will assist our police department in allowing them to remain focused on what is most important right now, the protection of our town,” he added.

[Suggested Article]  Gunman found dead after pointing rifle at officers, leading to hours-long barricade situation in Antioch

The Antioch Police Department arrested Kyle H. Rittenhouse, 17, of Antioch, Wednesday morning.

Rittenhouse was charged with first-degree intentional homicide by prosecutors in Kenosha.

A shooting unfolded in the area of 63rd Street and Sheridan Road in Kenosha, Wisconsin around 11:45 p.m. Tuesday, according to police.

Video shared on social media showed a male, later identified as Rittenhouse, armed with a rifle.

Kyle Rittenhouse, 17, of Antioch, (left – Twitter, right – Facebook).

A group of people can be seen tending to a person shot in the video and Rittenhouse is seen running away while on the phone saying “I just killed someone.”

Rittenhouse runs down the street and moments later trips and falls. Several people attack the teen, who then started firing shots, wounding several people.

Two of the victims were pronounced dead and a third suffered serious but non-life-threatening injuries, Kenosha police said.

Rittenhouse got up off the ground and began walking down the street with his hands up towards several police vehicles, the video shows.

[Suggested Article]  Man wanted for allegedly driving 'excessively fast' and intoxicated before t-bone crash that killed infant and mother near Waukegan

The police cars and SWAT trucks drive past Rittenhouse towards the area where the shooting happened.

Rittenhouse left the area and returned to his home in Antioch, where he was later arrested, authorities said.

The shooting occurred during the third night of civil unrest after Kenosha police shot Jacob Blake several times over the weekend.

Several hundred members of the Wisconsin National Guard have been deployed to Kenosha following the unrest.

Rittenhouse appeared in bond court Wednesday morning and remains held at the Depke Juvenile Complex Center in Vernon Hills. He is scheduled to appear in court on Friday.