Firefighters respond to the 1300 block of Marble Hill Drive in Lake Zurich for a structure fire Sunday evening. | Provided photo.

Residents were treated by paramedics after a kitchen fire broke out in their Lake Zurich home Sunday evening, fire officials said.

The Lake Zurich Fire Department responded around 10:40 p.m. Sunday to the 1300 block of Marble Hill Drive in Lake Zurich for a report of an appliance fire.

Fire officials said that firefighters arrived and found heavy smoke and flames on the first floor of the two-story residence.

Firefighters made a quick interior attack and were able to extinguish the fire within approximately 10 minutes.

The blaze damaged the kitchen and the second floor. There was smoke damage throughout the home.

The fire began on the stovetop while one of the residents was deep-frying food and it spread to cabinets above the stove, officials said.

Paramedics evaluated the occupants for smoke inhalation but nobody was transported to the hospital.

[Suggested Article]  Chicago man dies after being rescued from Highland Lake in unincorporated Round Lake

The home was deemed uninhabitable and the residents are staying with family members. A damage estimate was not immediately available.