Anthony Garcia, 25, of Rolling Meadows.

A 25-year-old man who burglarized a Buffalo Grove home was arrested by a SWAT team after he barricaded himself in the house and refused to come out on Saturday.

Anthony Garcia, 25, of Rolling Meadows, was charged with residential burglary, a Class 1 felony.

The Buffalo Grove Police Department responded around 7:50 p.m. Saturday to the 900 block of Beechwood Road in Buffalo Grove for a burglary in progress.

Dispatchers received a call from the homeowners regarding an unknown subject in their residence, according to Buffalo Grove Deputy Police Chief Michael Szos.

The residents, who were not at home, told police they received an alert from their Ring doorbell camera that showed a male subject on their property. The homeowners stated the residence should be unoccupied.

Officers responded to the scene and located a damaged open window on the lower level of the residence and observed a subject, later identified as Garcia, inside.

[Suggested Article]  Police chief reflects on one-year anniversary of murder-suicide that left 5 family members dead in Buffalo Grove

Szos said that officers identified themselves and attempted to make contact with Garcia, but he ignored them and fled to the basement of the residence where he barricaded himself.

Officers provided Garcia with numerous opportunities to respond to their requests, but he remained non-compliant, Szos said.

The Northern Illinois Police Alarm System (NIPAS), which consists of highly trained tactical officers, and other police agencies responded to the scene.

Garcia was taken into custody after police established contact and were successful in the negotiation process.

Garcia was transported to a nearby hospital where he was treated for minor injuries and released back into police custody for processing, Szos said.

The Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office approved felony residential burglary charges and the man remained in custody at the Buffalo Grove Police Department until he was transported to the Cook County Courthouse in Rolling Meadows for his bond hearing on Monday.

[Suggested Article]  Heavy flames engulf shed and deck, send smoke billowing into sky near bar in Fox River Grove

Garcia received a $50,000 I-Bond Monday afternoon and was released from jail. His next court date is scheduled for April 2.