Mason Fisher, 22, of Belvidere.

A man who strangled and repeatedly battered a pregnant woman in Crystal Lake and later battered a McHenry County corrections officer last year has been sentenced to six years in prison.

Mason Fisher, 22, of the 200 block of East 5th Street in Belvidere, was indicted in August on charges of two counts of aggravated battery to a pregnant woman, aggravated domestic battery by strangulation, two counts of domestic battery and interfering with the reporting of domestic violence.

Those charges stem from an incident on August 8 where Fisher was accused of attacking his pregnant girlfriend at the Comfort Inn on Tracy Trail in Crystal Lake.

Court documents show that Fisher struck the victim multiple times on her head, neck and arms.

He was also accused of strangling the woman during the attack. The victim suffered injuries to her head and neck.

[Suggested Article]  'He's my life': Mother begs public for help in finding missing 21-year-old U.S. Navy sailor in Waukegan

In a separate case, Fisher was indicted on one count of aggravated battery on a peace officer in November.

That case involved Fisher punching a McHenry County correctional officer in the chest and arm, court documents show.

The McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office reached a negotiated plea deal with Fisher in both cases on Monday.

Fisher pleaded guilty to aggravated battery on a peace officer and one count of aggravated domestic battery by strangulation, both Class 2 felonies. In exchange, prosecutors dismissed Fisher’s other charges.

McHenry County Judge Michael Coppedge approved the plea deal, which sentenced Fisher to six years in prison for the aggravated battery on a peace officer and 60 days in prison on the aggravated domestic battery by strangulation charge.

The cases were investigated by the Crystal Lake Police Department and McHenry County Sheriff’s Office and prosecuted by Assistant State’s Attorney Kyle Bruett.

[Suggested Article]  Woman allegedly kicked 2 police officers, spat in hospital security guard's face in Libertyville