Firefighters responded to a structure fire in the 100 block of Meadow Avenue in Woodstock Friday morning. | Photo: WFRD

A dog and a resident both escaped without injuries after a fire left their home uninhabitable in Woodstock Friday morning.

The Woodstock Fire/Rescue District responded around 8:03 a.m. Friday to the 100 block of Meadow Avenue in Woodstock for a report of a structure fire.

Firefighters arrived on the scene within three minutes of receiving the call, according to Woodstock Fire/Rescue District spokesman Alex Vucha.

Firefighters confirmed a working fire with smoke showing from the rear of a single-story residence.

Fire crews quickly engaged in an interior fire attack and extinguished the fire in ten minutes, Vucha said.

A resident and dog were home at the time of the fire but both escaped unharmed.

The entire home sustained heavy smoke, heat and water damage, leaving it uninhabitable, Vucha said.

The bulk of the fire was contained to a utility closet. Damage estimates are still being evaluated.

[Suggested Article]  Coroner identifies 23-year-old man killed in two-vehicle rollover crash in unincorporated McHenry County

The fire is believed to be accidental in nature and it remains under investigation by the Woodstock Fire/Rescue District.