A small fire was quickly extinguished following a report of an explosion inside Northwestern Medicine Hospital in Woodstock Friday evening, fire officials said.
The Woodstock Fire/Rescue District and Woodstock Police Department responded around 8:04 p.m. Friday to Northwestern Medicine Woodstock Hospital, 3701 Doty Road.
Woodstock Fire/Rescue District Communication Specialist Alex Vucha said crews received a report of a fire and explosion in the security office near the emergency department.
Firefighters arrived within six minutes and determined a minor fire had been extinguished prior to their arrival by security officers, Vucha said.
The Mutual Aid Box Alarm System (MABAS) was initially activated to bring additional resources to the scene. It was quickly canceled once the fire was out.
The fire was the result of a battery jump starter that had ignited on a countertop.
The fire was contained to the immediate area with minimal damage, Vucha said.
Firefighters were on the scene for approximately an hour assisting hospital staff with clearing the office and ventilating the area of smoke and dry chemical.
The incident is not believed to be suspicious in nature but remains under investigation by the Woodstock Fire/Rescue District.