Erick Flores, 27, of Beach Park.

Officials say a reckless drunk driver fled from police and then fought and battered sheriff’s deputies who tried to arrest him in Beach Park.

The Lake County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a reckless driver around 7:30 p.m. on February 7 near Wadsworth Road and North Avenue in Beach Park.

The 911 caller reported that a black Cadillac Escalade was swerving and striking the curbs.

Lake County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Chief Christopher Covelli said that deputies responding to the area spotted the Cadillac.

The vehicle was traveling on Sheridan Road and the driver turned into a manufactured home park.

The sheriff’s deputy attempted to conduct a traffic stop on the vehicle but the driver failed to stop despite the deputy’s lights and siren being activated, Covelli said.

The Cadillac drove to one of the manufactured homes in the park.

[Suggested Article]  3 vehicles destroyed after garage burns to the ground in Crystal Lake

The driver of the Cadillac, identified as Erick Flores, exited his vehicle and deputies conducted a driving under the influence investigation.

Deputies then attempted to arrest Flores, 27, of the 38400 block of North Sheridan Road in Beach Park, but he began to resist and pulled away as they tried to place him in handcuffs.

Flores fell to the ground during the struggle and deputies were able to place handcuffs on him.

As the deputies assisted the man up, he told one of the deputies he was “a little b–ch” and kicked the deputy in his leg, Covelli said.

Flores continued yelling obscenities at the deputies and kicked the squad car multiple times before being seated in the rear of the squad, Covelli said.

Flores was transported to the Lake County Jail and charged with aggravated battery to a peace officer, driving under the influence of alcohol, fleeing to elude, driving while license suspended and resisting arrest.

[Suggested Article]  No injuries reported after fire engulfs, heavily damages barn near Marengo

Flores was released from jail after posting 10% of his $150,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court again on March 8.