Firefighters responded to a house fire in the 200 block of Geneva Terrace in Round Lake Beach Monday morning. | Photo: Mike Martin (Facebook)

No one was injured after a house caught on fire accidentally, leaving it uninhabitable, in Round Lake Beach Monday morning.

The Greater Round Lake Fire Protection District responded around 11:56 a.m. Monday to the 200 block of Geneva Terrace in Round Lake Beach for a report of a structure fire.

Firefighters arrived and found heavy fire showing from a second-floor window of a two-story single-family residence, according to Greater Round Lake Fire Protection District Battalion Chief Eric Hair.

Hair said crews were initially concerned with the fire extending into the attic space when they arrived.

The first arriving firefighters conducted offensive strategies to quickly contain the fire. Two hose lines were deployed.

“The initial two crews that went in got to the seat of the fire pretty quick, and they were able to contain it within minutes of getting on scene,” Hair said.

[Suggested Article]  Car catches on fire inside garage, causes significant damage to home in Hainesville

The residents evacuated the home prior to the fire department’s arrival and were found uninjured in the front yard.

The fire was declared under control at 12:21 p.m. Firefighters stayed on the scene for another hour to extinguish hot spots, Hair said.

Investigators have determined the fire to be accidental and the house is uninhabitable, Hair added.

The fire remains under investigation.

The Greater Round Lake Fire Protection District reminds residents to practice an exit plan in case of a fire.

The fire department was assisted at the scene by the Grayslake, Fox Lake, Wauconda and Lake Villa fire departments.

The McHenry Township, Gurnee, Mundelein, Antioch and Richmond fire departments provided coverage for the Greater Round Lake Fire Protection District and responded to additional calls during the incident, including a vehicle crash with injuries on Rollins Road.

[Suggested Article]  Fundraiser started to help family of 7 displaced from Round Lake home after fire caused by neighbor