Colby B. Franklin, 24, of Ingleside.

A police chase resulted in the driver of a vehicle crashing twice, including into a garage, before he fled on foot and was tracked down by a police canine in Round Lake Heights, prosecutors said.

Colby B. Franklin, 24, of the 34700 block of North Holman Avenue in Ingleside, was charged with aggravated fleeing police, resisting a peace officer, speeding 35+ mph over the limit, reckless driving, failure to obey a police officer, disregarding a stop sign, failure to reduce speed and leaving the scene of a crash.

An officer was patrolling on Rollins Road in Round Lake Heights on Saturday when they spotted Franklin’s vehicle driving 71 mph in a 30 mph zone, according to Lake County Assistant State’s Attorney Lillian Lewis.

Officers attempted to stop the vehicle but the driver made a quick left turn onto Lake Shore Drive and sped off from the officer.

[Suggested Article]  Woman injured after head-on crash with box truck leaves sedan heavily damaged near Woodstock

Officers pursued and clocked the vehicle traveling 64 mph in a 25 mph zone.

Franklin allegedly turned his headlights off and turned left onto Hillside Drive, which has a sharp curve, Lewis said.

Franklin lost control of the car and the car went off the roadway.

Officers approached the car on foot and told Franklin to turn off the car.

Instead, Franklin allegedly rocked the car back and forth and got the vehicle unstuck, Lewis said.

The man drove away again traveling westbound on Hillside Drive where he went through a stop sign at Fairfield Road and crossed the road.

Franklin lost control of the car again and hit a pole, causing the pole to become dislodged and the wires to dangle downward, Lewis said.

The vehicle crashed into the garage of a residence and Franklin fled on foot. He was taken into custody with the assistance of a police canine.

[Suggested Article]  Boat operator arrested, 2 hospitalized after nighttime boat crash on Fox River near McHenry

Lake County Judge Theodore Potkonjak ordered Franklin held on a $35,000 bond.

He was released from the Lake County Jail after posting bond.

A status of attorney hearing is scheduled for Monday.