Over $7,000 has been raised for an unincorporated Marengo family after a house fire displaced them Monday afternoon.
A GoFundMe account was started for the Glave family, who lost their belongings after their basement caught on fire and left their unincorporated Marengo home uninhabitable.
Two adults and two children were displaced due to the incident.
The family would need to purchase new beds, clothes and other necessities, the GoFundMe said.
The Marengo Fire & Rescue Districts responded at 1:37 p.m. Monday to the residence in the 18700 block of Beck Road for a report of a structure fire.
Marengo Fire & Rescue Districts Communication Specialist Alex Vucha said the homeowner noticed light smoke coming from their house and called 911.
Firefighters arrived within 10 minutes and found a working fire in the basement of the residence.
They were challenged by heavy smoke conditions in the basement but were able to extinguish the fire within 20 minutes, Vucha said.
Firefighters remained on the scene for an additional four hours to overhaul and investigate the fire.
Vucha said the fire was contained to the basement, but the house sustained heavy smoke damage throughout.
The American Red Cross responded to the scene to provide relief to the Glave family.
No injuries were reported, Vucha said.
Over $7,000 was raised as of Friday morning and donations will go directly to the Glave family, the fundraiser said.