David Rahimzadeh, 55, of Buffalo Grove.

A Buffalo Grove man has been sentenced to supervision for an incident where police say he attacked a nurse and removed a man from hospice care in Long Grove while armed with a gun.

David Rahimzadeh, 55, of the 100 block of Navajo Trail in Buffalo Grove, was charged in November with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, battery to a nurse, violation of the concealed carry act and three counts of aggravated assault.

The Lake County Sheriff’s Office received a report for a possible abduction around 7 p.m. on November 18 at Avantara Long Grove, 1666 Checker Road in Long Grove.

Sheriff’s deputies arrived and learned a patient, a 59-year-old man, who previously resided in Buffalo Grove, was admitted to the hospice section of the rehabilitation center.

Lake County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Chief Christopher Covelli said that a family member of the 59-year-old man held a power of attorney due to the man’s serious medical situation.

[Suggested Article]  Juvenile shot in the face during shooting where 2 dozen shots were fired in North Chicago

Rahimzadeh arrived at the rehabilitation center just before 7 p.m.

Rahimzadeth, who is not a family member of the 59-year-old man, told staff he was there to take the man home, Covelli said.

Staff informed Rahimzadeh that the man was not medically cleared to leave hospice and could not leave without authorization from the man’s power of attorney due to his condition.

Rahimzadeh identified himself as a detective and pulled open his jacket, which revealed a badge and firearm on his waist, Covelli said.

The staff at the facility immediately called 911 after Rahimzadeh refused to provide his name or police agency.

“Rahimzadeh refused to listen to staff, then without authority went past the staff to the man’s room and escorted the man out of the facility, although the man had extreme difficulty moving,” Covelli said.

[Suggested Article]  'Their lives were cut too short': Over $50,000 raised after entire family killed in murder-suicide in Buffalo Grove

As a nurse attempted to block Rahimzadeh from removing the man, Rahimzadeh allegedly elbowed her in the chest.

Rahimzadeh made it to the car with the man and fled, Covelli said.

Staff obtained Rahimzadeh’s license plate, which was registered out of Buffalo Grove.

Buffalo Grove police officers responded to the address registered to the license plate and located Rahimzadeh.

Officers took the man into custody and held him for sheriff’s deputies. The firearm possessed by him was also recovered.

The man taken from the facility was located and was safe, Covelli said, adding that it was determined Rahimzadeh is a friend of the man.

It was determined the man had called Rahimzadeh and indicated he wanted to leave the facility prior to Rahimzadeh arriving at the facility.

After judges rejected two proposed plea deals presented to the court, a third proposed plea deal was accepted in the case last month, court records show.

[Suggested Article]  Police publicly confirm man killed his children, mother and wife at Buffalo Grove home before killing himself

Rahimzadeh pleaded guilty to one count of disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor, in exchange for all of his charges being dismissed.

Rahimzadeh was sentenced to 12 months of supervision and ordered to pay $2,339 in court fees and fines.