Leily Lopez-Hernandez, 29, of Waukegan (inset) died early Thursday morning at Miracapo Pizza Company in Gurnee during an accident on the production floor. | Photo: Google Street View

Authorities have released the identity of a 29-year-old woman who was killed by a large machine while cleaning inside a manufacturing plant in Gurnee Thursday.

An autopsy was performed Thursday on Leily Lopez-Hernandez, 29, of Waukegan, according to Lake County Coroner Jennifer Banek.

The autopsy showed Lopez-Hernandez died of sharp force and crushing injuries, Banek said.

The Gurnee Fire Department and Gurnee Police Department responded around 1:04 a.m. Thursday to the 1900 block of Swanson Court in Gurnee.

Gurnee Police Department Public Information Officer Shawn Gaylor told Lake and McHenry County Scanner that officers were called to assist the fire department with a death investigation.

The incident occurred at Miracapo Pizza Company at 1910 Swanson Court, according to the fire department dispatch. Miracapo Pizza Company is also known as Little Lady Foods.

Gaylor said the initial findings revealed Lopez-Hernandez was working inside the facility.

[Suggested Article]  2 victims hospitalized after being shot in possible separate shootings in Waukegan

The woman was cleaning an area on the production floor.

While cleaning, Lopez-Hernandez was “impacted by a large machine” which caused her death, Gaylor said.

Lake County Chief Deputy Coroner Steve Newton said the machine was believed to be some type of pizza oven conveyer.

Family members were notified of the accident and the Lake County Coroner’s Office assisted with removing the woman from the facility.

Gaylor said the incident appears non-criminal.

Waukegan resident Lesmy Lopez said she has started a fundraiser to raise money to help pay for Lopez-Hernandez’s body to be sent to Honduras.

She called Lopez-Hernandez’s death a “tragic accident.”

The investigation is being handled by the Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).

A spokesperson for OSHA said the safety agency has six months to complete its investigation. OSHA could then issue citations and propose monetary penalties if violations are found.