Abraham Mayorga, 19, of Palatine.

Authorities say a man intentionally dragged a woman with his car and then ran her over when she fell onto the pavement in Lake Forest before fleeing from police at 100 mph.

The Lake Forest Police Department responded around 3:30 a.m. on December 30 to a report of a domestic incident that occurred in the 300 block of East Deerpath Road in Lake Forest.

Officers located a 19‐year‐old woman who reported she was involved in a domestic incident with Abraham Mayorga, who was her boyfriend.

The victim reached into Mayorga’s car to retrieve her phone during their argument, according to a police report.

Mayorga, 19, of Palatine, grabbed her arms and started driving away, causing the victim to be dragged by the car, the report said.

The victim fell out of the car once the car turned onto Westminster.

[Suggested Article]  Sheriff's deputy on way to training was bystander who saved critically injured woman pinned between cars in Gurnee

The woman hit her head on the pavement, rolled under the car and her arm was run over by the rear tire, the report said.

The woman was transported to Lake Forest Hospital for treatment of her injuries.

Officers spotted Mayorga’s vehicle in the area following the incident and attempted to conduct a traffic stop.

Mayorga fled from police and was last seen westbound on Deerpath Road driving in excess of 100 mph, the report said.

Palatine police later located Mayorga and he was taken into custody.

Mayorga was interviewed, processed and held for bond court on numerous charges.

Court records show he was charged with aggravated battery, aggravated assault with a motor vehicle, aggravated fleeing to elude and two counts of domestic battery.

Mayorga was later transported to the Lake County Jail after being ordered held on a $250,000 bond.

[Suggested Article]  Alleged drunk driver arrested after truck crash leaves busy intersection without functioning traffic signals in Lake Forest

He remains held in the jail and would need to post $25,000 cash in order to be released.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for January 31.