Lamont L. Pressley Jr., 21, of North Chicago.

A North Chicago man has been arrested for allegedly leading police on a pursuit, crashing and fleeing on foot, leaving behind a young child in his car in North Chicago.

Lamont L. Pressley Jr., 21, of North Chicago, was charged with aggravated fleeing to elude, child endangerment and driving on a suspended license.

Lake County Assistant State’s Attorney Emma Smoler said Pressley fled from Mundelein police in a gray Chevrolet Cruze on September 5.

An alert was issued to area police departments and a North Chicago police officer knew of Pressley from prior incidents.

The officer went to the area of Pressley’s residence in the 1200 block of Victoria Avenue in North Chicago, Smoler said.

The officer saw Pressley arrive in the Chevrolet and attempted to stop him.

Pressley backed out of the driveway and reversed down the street, Smoler said.

[Suggested Article]  Suspects steal vehicle in Mundelein, flee at over 100 mph from police before second suspect causes crash in Waukegan

Pressley allegedly fled on 13th Street Street where he disobeyed a stop sign at Jackson Street.

The pursuit went northbound on Jackson Street and the officer terminated the chase, Smoler said.

The officer then saw Pressley hit a white Chevrolet and the man got out on foot and fled.

Officers and a canine unit were unable to locate Pressley.

Smoler said a young child was found in the car that Pressley ran from and a wallet with items listing Pressley’s name on it was also found in the car.

An arrest warrant was issued in February and Pressley was arrested last week.

Lake County Judge Theodore Potkonjak ordered Pressley held on a $150,000 bond.

He was released from the Lake County Jail after posting 10% of his bond.

In December, Pressley was charged with opening packages and stealing electronics from them while working at the FedEx warehouse in Grayslake.

[Suggested Article]  Advocate Condell nurse nearly killed in North Chicago crash returns to work after months of recovery

He is scheduled to appear in court again on April 6 for a preliminary hearing.