An occupant of a home was injured and transported to the hospital after a fire started in the attached garage of a house in Lake in the Hills Thursday morning.
The Huntley Fire Protection District responded around 8:23 a.m. Thursday to 2200 block of Litchfield Lane in Lake in the Hills for a report of a structure fire.
Huntley Fire Protection District Battalion Chief Michael Pierce said firefighters arrived to find a two-story single-family residence with a fire in the two-car attached garage.
The homeowner was in the front yard when firefighters arrived and confirmed everyone was out of the house.
The fire was extinguished within minutes of arrival using one hose line, Pierce said.
Pierce said there was minor fire damage to the garage and smoke damage inside the residence. The residence remained habitable.
The home had working smoke detectors that alerted the homeowner of the fire.
One person from the residence was transported to Northwestern Medicine Huntley Hospital with minor burns to their arms, Pierce said.
The initial loss estimate to the residence is $20,000.
Firefighters from Algonquin, Crystal Lake, Woodstock, Fox River Grove, Hampshire and Marengo responded to the scene or covered calls in Huntley.
The fire remains under investigation but does not appear suspicious in nature, Pierce said.