The estate of a protester fatally shot by Kyle Rittenhouse during the 2020 Kenosha civil unrest has filed a lawsuit against the former Antioch resident, who says lawsuits are making it harder for him to move on in life.
The lawsuit was filed late last month in the United States District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin against Rittenhouse along with Kenosha police, the City of Kenosha and numerous sheriff’s departments in Wisconsin.
The suit was filed by the estate of Joseph Rosenbaum and is similar to another lawsuit filed earlier this year against Rittenhouse by Gaige Grosskreutz.
The lawsuits claim law enforcement officials failed to stop Rittenhouse and others who were armed during protests on August 25, 2020.
The protests were sparked after a Kenosha police officer shot Jacob Blake multiple times.
Rittenhouse shot and killed two men, including Rosenbaum, and seriously injured Grosskreutz during the unrest.
Rittenhouse was charged in the homicides but was acquitted of the charges by a jury.
“These lawsuits are making it harder and harder for me to move on with my life,” Rittenhouse told Texas Scorecard following the latest lawsuit.
“It is extremely difficult to go outside without fear of being harassed or assaulted because of the lies spread in these lawsuits. No one should have to continue to defend the fact that they acted in self defense,” Rittenhouse said.
Rittenhouse posted on X, formerly Twitter, that he was being sued again “for defending my life.”