Robert E. Crimo III (left) arrives for a court hearing Monday morning before Judge Victoria Rossetti at the Lake County courthouse. | Photo: Nam Y. Huh/AP (Pool)

The man accused of killing seven and shooting dozens at the Highland Park Fourth of July parade appeared in court Monday and a judge announced a trial date will be set in December.

Robert E. Crimo III, 22, of Highwood, faces 21 counts of first-degree murder, 48 counts of attempted murder and 48 counts of aggravated battery with a firearm.

Crimo appeared alongside his attorneys Gregory Ticsay and Anton Trizna, both public defenders, during a case management hearing Monday morning.

The hearing was held before Lake County Judge Victoria Rossetti.

Lake County Assistant State’s Attorney Ben Dillon said his office has turned over an additional approximately 10,000 pages of material to the defense as part of the discovery process since the last court date.

Dillon said the FBI is finishing testing on one additional item of evidence and a report is expected to be produced soon on it.

[Suggested Article]  2 men found dead outside house fire in Highland Park
Robert E. Crimo III (left) sits quietly in the courtroom as his two public defenders, Gregory Ticsay (center) and Anton Trizna (right) talk before Judge Victoria A. Rossetti at the Lake County courthouse Monday. | Photo: Nam Y. Huh/AP (Pool)

The discovery process should be complete by the next court hearing, Dillon added.

Rossetti said she had received subpoena material from several hospitals and the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office and turned it over to the attorneys.

The judge also said she would set a trial date during the next court hearing, which she scheduled for December 11 for case management.

Crimo’s parents attended the Monday hearing, which lasted only a few minutes, and sat behind their son as they have done at previous hearings.

Crimo has been held in the Lake County Jail without bond since July 6.

The 22-year-old’s father, Robert Crimo Jr., 58, of Highwood, was charged in mid-December with seven counts of reckless conduct causing great bodily harm.

Prosecutors and Highland Park police allege that Crimo Jr. was criminally reckless at the time that he helped his son obtain a Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card.

[Suggested Article]  Lawmaker pushing fuel gas detector law to help prevent Illinois natural gas explosions
Judge Victoria A. Rossetti speaks during a case management conference in the case of Robert E. Crimo III at the Lake County courthouse Monday. | Photo: Nam Y. Huh/AP (Pool)

Prosecutors said that helping his son obtain a FOID card was a contributing cause to the harm suffered by the murder victims in the July 4 mass shooting in Highland Park.

The man’s son, Crimo III, was under 21 when he sought to obtain the FOID card and required his father’s participation in the application process.

Prosecutors previously said Crimo admitted to “looking down his sights” of his Smith & Wesson M&P 15 semi-automatic rifle before opening fire on the crowd on July 4 near Second Street and Central Avenue in Highland Park.

Crimo told investigators he fired two full 30-round magazines before loading a third 30-round magazine and firing, Dillon said.

Seven people were killed and dozens of others were shot. 83 spent shell casings were recovered at the scene.

Crimo Jr. is set to go on trial on November 6.

[Suggested Article]  Motion to censure controversial Waukegan alderman for sharing snapshot of severed arm on social media goes to a vote