Shakir Ingram, 21, of Montgomery.

A man has been sentenced to two years in prison for an incident where prosecutors said he got into a “firing stance” by pointing a gun at police officers who approached him in Waukegan.

Shakir Ingram, 21, of Montgomery, was charged in July with felon in possession of a firearm and three counts of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon.

Lake County Assistant State’s Attorney Emma Smoler said during an initial court hearing that officers with the Waukegan Police Department were in an unmarked squad car on July 15.

The officers saw Ingram and a second man in front of a house before the two went down an alley.

Officers turned into the alley and Ingram was seen standing near vehicles holding a gun, Smoler said.

Ingram put both hands on the gun and got into a firing stance, Smoler said.

[Suggested Article]  19-year-old man flown to hospital in critical condition after 3-car crash on Route 14 near Woodstock

The three officers jumped out of the squad and announced themselves to prevent Ingram from shooting.

The two men fled and a foot pursuit ensued before Ingram was taken into custody.

A loaded Glock handgun was recovered and it was determined to have been stolen out of Georgia, Smoler said.

Ingram does not have a Firearm Owner’s Identification card or concealed carry license and was under the age of 21 when the incident occurred. He is also a convicted felon.

Attorney Lawrence Wade, who represented Ingram, said at the initial court hearing that Ingram did not fire the gun and he is alleged to have put the gun down after the officers announced themselves.

Ingram was ordered held in the Lake County Jail on a $2 million bond following his arrest.

Court records show Ingram pleaded guilty last month to attempted aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, a Class 3 felony, in exchange for his other charges being dismissed.

[Suggested Article]  20 years in prison for 18-year-old convicted in fatal shooting of victim near College of Lake County in Grayslake

He was sentenced to 27 months in the Illinois Department of Corrections as part of the negotiated plea deal.