Firefighters work to extinguish a house fire in the 900 block of Clavey Road in Highland Park believed to have been the result of wires that came down Saturday evening. | Photo: Max Weingardt

A power line that came down is believed to have resulted in a fire starting at a vacant home at a country club in Highland Park Saturday evening, fire officials said.

The Highland Park Fire Department responded around 4:30 p.m. Saturday to the 900 block of Clavey Road for a report of a power line down.

A fire engine crew responded and found a tree had fallen on a power line, causing the line to go down, according to Highland Park Fire Chief Joe Schrage.

Firefighters were on the scene for nearly an hour when they spotted a house fire on the south side of the roadway around 5:25 p.m.

The fire occurred at a vacant home on land owned by Northmoor Country Club near the golf course maintenance buildings.

Firefighters work to extinguish a house fire in the 900 block of Clavey Road in Highland Park believed to have been the result of wires that came down Saturday evening. | Photo: Max Weingardt

Schrage said it is believed that the wires near the siding of the home caught the house on fire.

[Suggested Article]  Officials announce return of Highland Park Fourth of July parade 2 years after deadly mass shooting

Firefighters upgraded the incident to bring numerous surrounding fire departments to the scene to assist in extinguishing the fire.

The wires down on Clavey Road impeded responding fire crews, forcing them to enter the area from the east off of Green Bay Road, Schrage said.

Schrage said the fire was relatively small and extinguished quickly. ComEd responded and mitigated the electrical situation.

No injuries were reported. The home was deemed uninhabitable.