Posted inLocal News

Minivan becomes fully engulfed in flames, spreading to detached garage in Zion

Fire officials believe a minivan and garage that caught fire in Zion was caused by someone living in the vehicle that improperly used heating elements and overloaded extension cords. Zion Fire and Rescue Department Battalion Chief Jason Messick said crews received a call around 1:18 p.m. Saturday for a structure fire in the 1800 block […]

Posted inLocal News

1 hospitalized after fire heavily damages garage, extends into Buffalo Grove home on Thanksgiving Day

One resident was hospitalized for smoke inhalation after a garage fire Thanksgiving morning extended into a Buffalo Grove home, leaving it uninhabitable. The Buffalo Grove Fire Department responded at 8:47 a.m. Thursday to the 1000 block of Greenridge Road for a report of a garage fire. Acting Battalion Chief Jeffrey Morris said that fire crews […]

Posted inLocal News

Numerous fire departments called after fire engulfs garage, residence near Crystal Lake

Firefighters battled an extra-alarm fire Saturday morning that destroyed a Crystal Lake home after its garage became engulfed in flames, fire officials said. The Crystal Lake Fire Rescue Department and McHenry County Sheriff’s Office responded around 11:16 a.m. Saturday to the 6500 block of Scott Lane in unincorporated Crystal Lake for a report of a […]

Posted inLocal News

Garage fire spreads to two homes in Wonder Lake

A garage burned to the ground and spread to two homes, leaving one uninhabitable, Saturday afternoon in Wonder Lake, fire officials said. The Wonder Lake Fire Protection District and McHenry County Sheriff’s Office responded around 4:30 p.m. Saturday to the 2900 block of East Chestnut Drive for a report of a structure fire. Firefighters arrived […]